- Reboot the server from console (you can do that remotely if your server has IPMI capability or you are using KVM like device)
- Pay full attention to the GRUB boot prompt telling you to press any key – you have just a few seconds to press any key (If you miss this prompt go back to step 1)
- You will see a GRUB boot prompt – press “e” to edit the first boot option.
- Find the kernel line (starts with “linux16”), replace
- Press CTRL-X or F10 to boot single user mode.
- Access the system with the command:
passwd root to change the root password.
- Type the password .(you will be asked to reenter the password.)
- run the commands below to update SELinux parameters
- Reboot the system
reboot -f. and enjoy!!
About the Author